We are excited to invite you to our Clothes Swap Event in Amsterdam on 27th July 2022. Anyone will be able to hand in their ‘unwanted’ items and trade them in for hidden gems and fabulous finds. The aim of this event is to raise awareness about the negative impacts of Fast Fashion and to promote sustainability and circular fashion in a fun way.
The environmental and health issues caused by the Fast Fashion industry are unparalleled. This year, we are trying to make the fashion industry a little bit better while also cleaning out some messy closets. Clothes swapping is one environmentally friendly way to reduce waste, decrease the accumulation of toxic chemicals in the environment and ensure you are not contributing to fast fashion. And you get to upgrade your wardrobe for the summer!
Because we are all about promoting effective interventions, you will have the chance to donate to a couple of our top-scoring charities tackling the negative effects of the fashion industry. We will also be joined by a guest speaker who knows all about sustainable fashion!
Get ready for some slow fashion. We look forward to seeing you!
* Leftover clothes will be donated to a charity in Amsterdam.
Wednesday, 27th of July 2022
18:30 - 21:00
TNW City (4th Floor)
Bring as many items as you like (the more the better), but a minimum of 3-5 items will make the party more fun!
Make sure your items are clean, intact, and still wearable.
During the evening you can pick as many items as you bring to the party.
The items that haven’t been picked up will be collected and donated.
What you can bring
1. Used, washed, and wearable clothes
3. Accessories: sunglasses and handbags only
What you can’t bring
1. Shoes, lingerie, socks
2. Household items
3. other accessories such as necklaces, earrings, etc.
1. If you have time, come by TNW any day before the event to drop off your stuff.
2. Keep in mind that there will be a lack of fitting room space, you could wear something under your clothes that will make fitting less uncomfortable (shirt/leggings)
3. Bring your own (reusable) bag for your new items.
Want to know more about the fashion industry? Have a look at these articles.
Fast Fashion is destroying the planet as we shop along