My name is Deniz, I am the typo-prone editor of Kinder World and in light of women's day yesterday I'm taking over this newsletter and company! JK, I'm only taking over the newsletter. This week I want to keep it simple (stupid) and share some of my favourite things by, about, and for women and non-binary folks with you. Here we go.
- Gina Martin is a 28-year-old woman who changed the law in England and Wales and made upskirting illegal in 2019. You read that right, 2019(!) not 1919. Read more about this badass woman.
- Bell Hooks's staple book Feminism is for Everbody because it truly is.
- Antifascist freedom fighter Lepa Radic who fought Nazis and was executed by them at the age of 17. When Nazi's offered her a life-deal in return for snitching on her comrades, she replied: "My comrades will reveal themselves when they avenge me".
- Director, writer and producer Ava Duvernay
- Mental health charity Strong Minds who are treating women with depression in Uganda (an plan on extending their programs all through the African Continent).
- Women who are fighting for the future of our planet at the risk of their own lives in Latin America.
- Chelsea Manning for her courage and resilience.
- Sexuality educator and activist Ericka Hart. Go follow her on Instagram to get educated about sex, gender, class and race. Warning: you will feel uncomfortable because she tells all the truths.
- Comedian and artist Shelby Lorman, also known as, awards for good boys
Okay, I can keep doing this for hours on end because the list of women and non-binary folks I admire and the list of their accomplishments are truly endless. Maybe I should huh... I do have excellent taste after all...
Anyway, as I plot the revolution I leave you with rapper, singer-songwriter and goddess Lizzo.
Would you like to read this newsletter in the comfort of your own inbox? Sign up 👉 and receive it every Saturday.